Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mixed media..someone is learning new stuff!

The best thing about road trips and spending the weekend with one of your dearest friends who you've met for the first time is sharing in good times, and creating with new techniques you haven't tried before.  I had the best weekend in a long time spending the weekend with my dear friend Fernanda Oravec.  I got to snuggle with some of the sweetest fur babies I've ever met, eat wonderful food, shop for crafts and craft to my heart's content.  I was sad to see the weekend go so quickly.  So I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful weekend to Fernanda.  For the hospitality,the birthday gifts, the tips, but most of all your friendship!  This creation is one I did while visiting after Fernanda showed me how to create with mixed media.  I used Ching Chou Kuik's "Enter the woods"  you can find her here if you would like to purchase here from Ching Chou Kuik 's Etsy shop.  I used various stencils with modeling paste, iridescent and glitter decoupage by Martha Stewart.  I also added some fancy papers, ribbons, stickers, and beads to embellish it.  The image is colored with Copic markers.  
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Hugs,
Helen (aka Catz)


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Helen, and how grand it must have been to spend the weekend at Fernanda's. Big hugs, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sylvia! It was so nice I didn't want to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mixed media piece! Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete