Monday, May 5, 2014

Fish Swirl Mermaid Betty-GCC0505

I haven't blogged in a while, things have been rather hectic in my house.  We lost my dear mother in law on April 26th, had a surgery on the 28th and funeral the day after.  Life has a way of just moving on with or without you.  I am finally getting my creative bug back so yesterday I went to a demonstration at Blick art supply for Pebeo products and had so much fun.  I learned how to use resins, vitreal and some other fun paints.  I also picked up some texture gel that looks like sand.  I love my mermaid images and oceanic scenes so this stuff really sang to me.  I decided to have a play with Fish Swirl Mermaid Betty from SimplyBstamps.net and I wasn't disappointed.  I colored the mermaid and fish with my Copic markers then went over the entire image with water color paints and added an ocean floor with the pebeo texture gel and mica chips.  I drew in some ocean leafy greens then put some glass bead gel over the sentiment to keep with the oceanic theme.  I've really started to expand my horizons lately and have been playing with mixed media.  I think my inner artist is deciding to come out and play.  I also used liquid pearls in her hair and on her tail.  As always comments are welcomed and appreciated.  Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Helen



I'm entering her into the Outlawz Monday Greeting Cards Challenge and the Simply Challenged Challenge
at http://simplychallengedchallenges.blogspot.com.au/ 


6 comments:

  1. Love the pearls in her hair and the watery background, oh and that fab sea floor, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. And, hope you are doing well after your surgery. Love the mermaid and how you incorporated mixed media. The sand looks wonderful...great texture...love it! Great water coloring, too! Take care!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Maria for your kind words. It is most appreciated!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! Sorry to hear about your surgery, hope you're better! Thanks for sharing over at the Kit & Clowder Facebook group! xx

    ReplyDelete