Monday, March 31, 2014

A different twist

I decided to go ahead and make this my third entry into the the Stamps by Aurorawings "Anything Goes" blog challenge.  I did a little outside of the box, well inside the box in this instance thinking.  I created this as gift for a very dear friend using the image "Owl Masquerade" printed in a 5 x 7 size.  I used Copics to color the image, I used E000, E00, E11, and E04 for her skin, E40, E41, E42, and E43 for the owl, Y23, Y26 and YR27 for her hair, BG18 and BG49 for the mask.  I used gelly roll pens for the masks to add some bling.  I taped black lace behind the image then taped the image on that, glued a small strand of pearls to frame her in then used some embellishments for the small boxes.  To finish the piece I used Alene's tacky glue and micro beads on the outside.


6 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Helen! I love your 'out of the box' approach with this project! Your coloring is gorgeous, and the whole piece is just stunning! Thank you for joining the Aurora Wings' challenge with this beauty! Good luck!! hugs Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank. you very much Mitzi! :♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, this is so gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your copic colors. I was going to ask you what you used for the owl!! I love it and the way you made something other than a card!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, this is just stunning! I love that you've thought "Outside" (or inside) the box. Fabulous project. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings for a 3rd time. WooHoo! xxD

    ReplyDelete